Workshops are offered by the Alzheimer’s Association nationwide network of over 70 chapters. Contact the Corporate Initiatives department at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and assistance coordinating the workshop with your local chapter.
The Know the 10 Signs Workshop
Download a poster for the 10 Signs workshop to advertise internally.
People who attended the Know the 10 Signs workshop view video footage that addressed fears and myths associated with dementia. Individuals featured in the films included real people who are living with the early stages of dementia and their families discussing the following key topics:
- The 10 warning signs
- Basic overview of Alzheimer’s disease
- Risk factors
- What is involved in getting a diagnosis
- Benefits of early detection including accessing available treatment, planning for the future and participating in clinical trials
NEW! The Basics: Memory Loss, Dementia and Alzheimer's Disease Workshop
Download a poster for the Basics workshop to advertise internally.
Download a poster about the workshop to use in your newsletter.
The Basics: Memory Loss, Dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease is a workshop, presented by the Alzheimer’s Association, for anyone who would like to know more about Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias.
The workshop’s information includes:
- Symptoms and effects of Alzheimer’s disease and other types of dementia
- How Alzheimer’s affects the brain
- Causes and risk factors
- How to find out if it’s Alzheimer’s disease
- The benefits of early detection
- How to address a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease
- Stages of the disease
- Hope for the future
- Ways the Alzheimer’s Association can help