Coordinates and provides supportive services for various Alzheimer's Association programs throughout the organization's 9 county region including education, information and referral, care consultations, social activities and services supportive services to individuals with developmental disabilities and Alzheimer's disease through partnership with OPWDD.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains essential statistical program services data necessary for funders review and external service providers in conjunction with and as assigned by the VP Programs & Services.
- Provides educational coordination for external clinical and professional settings as necessary.
- Leads with sensitivity diversity and inclusiveness efforts of program delivery.
- Provides leadership where needed for special events, conferences, etc. sponsored by programs and services.
- Provide care consultations as needed.
- Represents the Alzheimer's Association as needed at program and services events.
- Develops dementia related programs for individuals.
- Develops and maintains external stakeholder relationships.
- Creates creative arts programs for people with dementia.
- Provides leadership for special projects and programs as assigned.
- Attends all required staff meetings.
- Coordinate an ASDSP caseload.
- Participate as a team provider for assigned consumer individualized service plan meetings.
- Maintain required frequency of face to face visits with all consumers.
- Timely completion of all required documentation.
- Timely data entry into appropriate databases.
- Develop care consultations and goal plans for each consumer.
- Assess individual needs of consumers and make necessary referrals for respite, environmental assessments and other services as needed.
- Provide ASDSP education for residential habilitation locations and day programs as needed to staff and/or peers. Assess the educational needs on an ongoing basis.
- Provide coordination and delivery of various Alzheimer's Association social activities, support group coordination and physician outreach programs, as assigned
The Alzheimer's Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not lawfully discriminate on the basis of religion, sex, age, national origin, race, color, marital status or disability. This commitment to equal opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, training, compensations and benefits. Employees are responsible for abiding by the Agency's commitment to equal opportunity in their personal conduct and also are responsible for addressing any conduct by Agency personnel which deviates from this commitment.
- Masters Degree in Social Work, Gerontology, Education, Nursing, Social Sciences or Health Care Administration preferred.
- Two to four years experience program planning and professional experience working with caregivers and persons with dementia preferred.
- Program management or development experience desired.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills.
- Ability to work independently, as a team and be self-motivated.
- Experience working with consumers and persons with developmental disabilities.
- Experience working in health care and long term care a plus.
- Strong public speaking and communication skills.
- Background working collaboratively with external service providers and developing community partnerships.
- Empathy for individuals with dementia and their caregivers.
- Computer Skills are essential in Word, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Adobe PDF format.
- Driver's license, car and proof of insurance are necessary
- Accountability: Director of Programs and Services Status: Full-time, exempt position