Essential Job Functions
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for achieving 2018 revenue targets of $350,000 and expense budgets for the Walk to End Alzheimer's in New Haven with direct accountability for goals set forth in the annual budget.
- Develop and follow a comprehensive development plan for Walk to End Alzheimer's that includes budgets, timelines, team recruitment and retention strategies, volunteer committee development, marketing/PR and logistics.
- Develop community contacts to recruit high level volunteer leadership on the Walk to End Alzheimer's planning committees and garner community support.
- With support from VP, Statewide Walk Director responsible for ensuring the Walk to End Alzheimer's events have high level leadership volunteers in place and train, coach and develop Walk leadership volunteers to reach goals.
- Through volunteer networks, prospect, cultivate and steward Walk to End Alzheimer's teams, sponsors and walkers to achieve the development goals.
- Ensure Walk volunteer committees are recruited, trained and developed on the National Walk to End Alzheimer's timeline and utilizing best practices, resulting in the attainment of income goal and team goals.
- Ensure smooth integration of the National Association best practices, standards and guidelines.
- Work with the volunteer planning committee to organize outreach activities that promote the Alzheimer's Association mission and services, including community presentations and corporate engagement opportunities.
- Maintain relationships with key corporate team sponsors year-round and insure involvement in all relevant activities and recognition opportunities.
- Work to develop a new network of high level contacts for the chapter and form new corporate alliances and partnerships.
- Ensure timely and efficient data entry process and donation processing related to Walk.
- Manage the Walk website for New Haven County and all related setup, reports and information using Luminate/Convio on the backend.
- Promote employee education sessions in local corporations in the community to generate awareness for our cause; to reach out to others; to give back to the corporate sector; and to open new doors for sponsorship opportunities.
- Assure compliance with Alzheimer's Association policies, standards and regulatory requirements.
Minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- 3-5 years demonstrated ability to recruit, motivate and coach volunteers in a fundraising environment preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to form and develop corporate relationships and partnerships.
- Demonstrated success in the development and promotion of fundraising events or similar programs.
- Ability to sell the Association's programs and events to a variety of audiences, including corporate management, individual participants and volunteers.
- Demonstrated success in the development and implementation of large events preferred.
- Own vehicle and willingness to travel to the Southington Office as needed and across regions.
- Willing to work some nights and weekends.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND DESIRED EXPERIENCE
- Prior Walk Management experience preferred.
- Ability to manage large numbers of volunteers at different levels of expertise with diplomacy.
- Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion.
- Ability to travel occasionally throughout the area with some weekend travel required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Microsoft Office proficient.
- Prior CRM (Luminate/Convio, Salesforce, etc.) experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills; professional customer service skills with visitors, callers and volunteers.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work.